Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BooHoo, BooHoo



Ok, so I am just feeling sorry for myself today... so if you don't want to read a pity party, you should stop reading now.
 
I got this email from CCAI today:
"Congratulations!!! The critical review of your dossier is now complete and everything looks FANTASTIC!!! Job well done!  Your dossier has now been moved to translation and will be mailed to China within a few days! We will notify you via email once your dossier has been mailed, once it’s received in China, and once it is logged-in at the CCCWA." 

I know, I know... big picture this is GREAT..   But I thought the critical review and translation would be completed within 11 days and it would be DTC by TODAY!!!  Now it may not be until next week.
So I came home, went to the gym and read my about a chapter of "Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child" while riding the bike.  I am learning A LOT and will absolutely have to have my Mom read it before we go to China... so she understands a few of the things I will ask of her.... like me being the only one to feed her, why we respond to her like she is a newborn instead of a 2.5 year old, etc, etc, etc.   
 
I am also going to have to ask my Aunts that live near me to read it too, so they understand some of her behaviors, my reactions and some of the restrictions I will be putting in place... no candies, cakes, sugar foods in sight for a few months/year after BeLanna gets home.   From reading other people's blogs it looks like most of our China Adopted Kids are given candies and treats to keep them quiet.

Once I got home from the gym, I finally sat down and recorded the "Guess How Much I Miss You" recordable book that I bought a few months ago.  I am sending it to Ann at Red Thread and she is going to include it in a Birthday Package I am sending to BeLanna in March.   Well, I just needed to vent a little... at least I will be DTC within a few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment