Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Received My I-797

I went to Yakima, WA to take my E-7 advancement exam and then was stuck in the Washington snow storm last week. I returned home on Friday the 20th to find I had received my I-797.  I got it notarized and sent to the Montana Secretary of State... and got it back in the mail today saying it was the wrong type of Notary certificate.  

This is definitely a test of my patience and a REMINDER to pay closer attention to details.   Well, better now that after I had sent everything to Washington DC to go through the Dept. of State and Chinese Embassy.   HaHaHa

Important Information:  
Approval Date:  1/16/2012
Days Waiting for Approval:  58

1 comment:

  1. All these little details can be very overwhelming, and frustrating. But if you have your 797, then you are moving along very nicely, so it will not be long before you are DTC. Our dossier was sent to China yesterday and we are so excited. The time will fly! You are so close now!! (Holt's online guidebook in the Parents In Process password protected area was my best friend all along, and especially at the end of the dossier process. Yet somehow I still missed doing the additional 3 references to accompany the home study as part of the dossier...so the details can be daunting. We ended up calling a list of friends and begging for last minute typed references with original signatures IN A DAY! They all came through for us (though one of them forgot a *dated* signature so I had to make sure that was taken care-of), God bless our dear friends.

    ReplyDelete