Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fruit Care Package Party

The last update I got from CCAI said that BeLanna LOVES fruit... which is perfect in my house... tons of fruits and veggies.  So, a couple of weeks ago I started emailing with Ann at Redthreadchina.com about sending a Fruit Care Package instead of one full of candies and sugar, sugar, sugar.  She said it wasn't a problem and walked me through how to place an order on her webpage and then I emailed her the specifics... part of which was asking IF the Zhengzhou SWI would send pictures, could they include some of Zhou Yin Yue's friends and Nannies.  I am hoping to have as many pictures as I can for her Memory Books.

At the same time  I ordered the Fruit, I added a 5 sweat shirt orphanage donation.   This morning, I got an email with a TON of pictures of BeLanna and a couple of her friends enjoying the fruit and wearing the shirts!!  There are also a couple of pictures of Nannies.  (If anyone knows the kids or Nannies names, please let me know for BeLanna's memory book. Also, if your child is one of the ones in the pics, I can email you copies of the pics.)

From the pictures, it looks like they got Oranges, Apples, Strawberries, Kiwi and Watermelon!! Yum, Yum, Yum!!

I am getting a laugh out of the Purple leather-looking split-pants BeLanna is wearing and the old man comb-over.  It looks like she may have been moved to a different room, the cribs are different in these pictures than the ones I got a few months ago.   It is good to see the mirror on the wall and all the pictures and "brain stimulation" on the walls!!

Now the important part.... the STAR and her FRIENDS!!


Lov'n on some FRUIT!!


Look at that little mouth.  So cute!!
I think her friend is saying "Have some manners.  You have food ALL OVER your face!!"



and now the FRUIT PARTY Pictures!!! 



Sharing or Tug-of-War??
Yummy!! Strawberries!!

Little one in Red - "I think this is sour."
With a Nanny

Friend Enjoying the Party!!


Can I have one??
CHOWING DOWN!!


Which one to choose??




And with the Nannies....



 
The Orphanage Donation...

























7 comments:

  1. precious!!!! my little guy wasn't in the pics-- but what a special treat!!! makes me sad that it's so cold in there the kids and nannies have to be bundled up:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you got that many pictures. You are quite lucky. And, your kid loves fruit! Double bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling photos! You are going to have a blast with this sweet girl. Congrats again.

    Julie
    (SAC Yahoo Group)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is sooo adorable :) I had to chuckle to myself as I was looking down at her pic when you wrote about her comb over-LOL! Can't wait til you get to meet her in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your post about updates on SWI yahoo group so came over to see! She is absolutely so cute! I hope you are able to travel soon and bring that bundle of cuteness home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to go to China with you and pick up my new granddaughter! I am so proud of you, Carmel and I'm confident you will be a wonderful, loving mother - BUT - it is taking too long to get her into our family. I'm sure her great aunts will spoil her too. Love you both. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog! Love all the great pics. My daughter is not in them, but I am still happy to see inside the orphanage. We are also using CCAI and got a call yesterday saying that the critical review is done and now for the translation. I will be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete