Sunday, March 25, 2012

Great Weekend!!

This weekend was GREAT!!   I took an extended weekend and drove to Tacoma to visit my mom.  I scheduled this entire visit around going to the "Just Between Friends" Consignment Sale in Issaquah WA.  Since I am a 1st time mom, I got in 2 hours early at 10:30.  From the pictures on the website, it looked like women start lining up early and there are lines going around the block before the door open... so I got my mom and I there REALLY early!!  At 8:30 AM!!   Way too early.  My mom and I hung out in the car and just talked and talked, watched the volunteers start to arrive, drove to McDonald's for coffee, came back and walked around and then got in line and waited for about 10 minutes and then we were IN!!

My family was planning to buy me a new car seat and stroller... but the first tent my mom and I went into was the "Big Items" tent.   My family was planning to get together and get the car seat and stroller that I wanted, but these deals were WAY too good to pass up.   We found a practically new car seat for $42 and an excellent stroller (with everything I think I want) for $25.   Then we went into the next tent and immediately found a Rocking Tiger for $17 and a Pink/Purple "Fred Flinstone" car for $12!!  Excellent deals and we hadn't even gotten started yet.   Then we hit the clothes section.  We each had a clothes basket that we Filled to the Brim with 18mo and 24mo clothes and my mom found an ADORABLE Ladybug Halloween costume for $2!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love to shop for baby stuff. She is going to be stylin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be becoming a mom for the first time. I just became a mom for the 7th time in Zhengzhou two weeks ago.
    We are home six days now!
    My son is the Navy....
    Have a Blessed Easter as you wait on your baby girl.
    Robbie
    in south Georgia

    ReplyDelete