Saturday, June 2, 2012

I ACCEPT ZHOU YIN YUE !!!

Today I was on pins and needles waiting for the FedEx Man to show up with my LOA paperwork... pins and needles... pins and needles... hear some brakes squeal... go running to the door with my camera.... It is HIM... the man with MY BABIES PAPERWORK!!!

FedEx man delivering my paperwork!!


The unopened envelope.  Breathe, Breathe, Open, Breathe!!
This is what my Letter of Acceptance looks like!!  I waited 77 days to receive this VERY important piece of paper with that Official Red Chop on it.... and I  had it in my happy little hands for less than 2 hours!!  I had to check a little, tiny box that said "I accept this child" and then sign/date it.


OFFICIAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM CHINA!!! 


Back in September 2011, when I accepted the file for Zhou Yin Yue, I had to write a Letter of Intent to the Chinese Government (CCCWA) state that I wanted to adopt her, what my understanding of her Special Need* is, how I will "deal" with it once she is home and what my "Child Care" experience has been throughout my life.   I sent my write-up to my agency, they translated it and put it onto official forms.  These forms were in the FedEx envelope along with the LOA.   I had to write "I ACCEPT ZHOU, YIN YUE" on the Chinese and English versions of this form and send them back to my agency!

My daughters Special Need is a condition called Cloaca, a form of Anal Imperfecta. 


Chinese translation and Official Letter of Intent



These are the MOST IMPORTANT PAPERS for the Adoption process... at least until I get my little girl.


I got the LOA, LOI, the I-800, Supplement 1 and the I-864W all filled out, signed/dated, pictures taken, photocopies taken, FedEx Tracking Bill filled out, and got in the car.   I made it to the FedEx Hub by 1:28:30... they close at 1:30.   The lady behind the counter, Marla, was very nice.  She looked at my envelope, double checked that I had filled out the Tracking labels correctly (I asked her to do this. Always good to have another set of eyes), then we sealed it up and she said it would be delivered to CCAI by 10:30 Monday morning.   The other funny thing was when I walked in and told her how happy I was that she was still open, because I needed to get my daughters adoption paperwork in the mail... she looked at me and said "didn't we JUST deliver your package a couple of hours ago?"  I laughed and said Yes and told her how I had taken the drivers picture... she seemed to be familiar with that scenario.   Pretty AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on pins and needles too for my granddaughter to be in our arms. I like the Bubble Girl and Fairy decals. Good job!!!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete