Sunday, October 28, 2012

2 Months since Gotcha Day!!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

B'Elanna has been in my daughter and in my arms for 2 months now!!  It has been quite a couple of months.

This was Gotcha Day... August 27, 2012....


She is so SMART.  Somehow she knew she was supposed to be MINE and although she was stressed, confused and scared.... she still didn't want anyone else talking or trying to holding her.   As you can see from this picture below, she didn't even want her Grammy talking to her.  At one point, I had to hand B'Elanna to my mom for just a moment and she SCREAMED and CRIED... so she was back in my arms ASAP!!   I had been having my Mom read blogs and a couple of books before we went to China, so she was prepared for whatever reaction B'Elanna had towards her on Gotcha Day... so in this picture below she is telling B'Elanna "You will like me one day!! <<smile, smile>>"   As you can see, B'Elanna was not impressed!!


Now, two months later, she calls out GRAMMY when we call her, when she sees her picture on my phone and in photos around my house.  B'Elanna gets REALLY excited when we Skype with my Mom and tries to kiss the screen. 

B'Elanna is now smiling... even when the camera comes out!!  She is joking and laughing and being funny!  She is learning, learning, learning so quickly.  One of her new games is to play in (or take over) my recliner when I vacate it.  In these pictures, she had run-off before I could get her PJ's on one night.




Just this last week, she has been wanting her soft horsey that her NaiNai gave her when she arrived in America. She is keeping her blanket on her when she first goes to bed/sleep... kicks it off later at night while she is sleeping... but she is starting with a BLANKET!!  She has also started to play with her stuffed dolls and her puzzles.   Here are a couple of pictures from today... as you can see in the puzzle picture... she still likes to put things in lines.



1 comment:

  1. She is getting cuter and cuter and I love you both lots! Grammy

    ReplyDelete