Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 6, 10-17-2016 AYLA GOTCHA DAY!!


WE HAVE AYLA!!

I am trying to make my way through a few hundred pictures and quite a few videos.    So here is just a snapshot of what I have made my way through.

The morning started early... because I just couldn't sleep any longer and about an hour after I woke up, B'Elanna woke.   She was SUPER excited to be getting her sister today... but still wanted some early morning cuddle time.   :D  :D  :D   So we got ready, took our last pictures as a family of Three... Grammy, Mommy and B'Elanna.  
On our way to get Ayla... Mommy and B'Elanna

Off to get Ayla... B'Elanna and Grammy

Last picture as a Family of Three

And our last meal as a family of Three pictures...
 


Then it was time to load onto the bus.   Four of the Five families are on their Second adoptions, so the Bus wasn't as nervous/quiet as B'Elanna's adoption.   But there was still that anticipatory feeling in the air.   Then we got to the new Registration office (it is still under construction and Loud)!!  The Zhengzhou CWI children arrived at the Registration office at the same time our bus did.   It was a mad dash to get to our room so we could get our kids.   There are quite a few pictures that are fuzzy due to nerves and I was walking... but the emotions or other factors are implied in the pictures.



Ayi carrying Ayla into the room


First "Official" sighting of Ayla
When I finally had Ayla in my arms, I actually started to cry... like a ton of tears.   I don't remember crying on B'Elanna's Gotcha Day, choking up, yes, crying, No.   This time I had TEARS... It was CRAZY!!!
First hugs and kisses from Mommy!



This is your Jie Jie (aka Big Sister!)
Look at B'Elanna's PROUD Smile!!!

Mommy crying... B'Elanna comforting both!!!

Looking at how small her hands are


B'Elanna is hugging and kissing Ayla tight!

It all gets to be a bit much for the other siblings sometimes, so they went to play on the toys...

B'Elanna found one of her favorite toys!

First Mommy and Ayla selfie.
She can stand... with assistance...

No core strength.  She isn't stable enough
to stand on my legs and me just hold her hands.

Getting some Mommy comforts!

Receiving paperwork.

FIRST FAMILY SELFIE!
B'Elanna was SO Excited, Ayla not so much!

First picture of the Sisters!!



And then I signed the paperwork taking custody of Zhou Li Dan for one day.   If I decide to continue with her adoption it will be finalized tomorrow on Registration Day.



And then Big Sister B'Elanna wanted to help Ayla eat some treats and play with some of the toys we had brought for the morning.  She was only interested in being held, holding her ball and eating the puffs and sweet bread!!








 AND much to Grammy's enjoyment... Ayla Reacted almost exactly the way B'Elanna did to her at first.   Didn't want her too close or touching her.   Course, she didn't really want B'Elanna hugging and kissing on her either, but B'Elanna is six and couldn't be stopped completely.  HAHAHAHA... welcome to being a second child.


Ayla stiffening up and displaying "don't touch me"
to Grammy!
Our Mommy, Granddaughter, Grammy photo
Kisses from Big Sister, B'Elanna

Clearly displaying "don't touch me"...
but B'Elanna couldn't listen or be contained.
She is SO EXCITED to have a sister!!

I wanted to see if Ayla could/would stand without support... but she was having NONE of that.  And as you can see in this video, B'Elanna wanted to see and play at the same time.  Nothing was going to stop her....


Watch her legs in this video.  She WILL NOT put them down.   She WILL NOT support her own weight most of the time.



And then it was photo time... who knows which one will be selected... with glasses, without, crying, sitting, standing or who knows...



And after our photo, Ayla was just DONE, completely DONE and she finally started crying.  A small pathetic, sorrowful, tear at your heart soft cry.






Ayla started to get really tired, fussy and overwhelmed....

Nothing was consoling her...

She cried and was comforted...

She settled into the small pathetic
"I've lost everything, what's happening to me" cry

Finally calmed down enough to try
"SUCKER MAGIC"!!

And then it was finally time to leave and get back on the bus back to the hotel.

Eating bread.   If it's food, she is content!

No matter how this pic looks.... I'm not ignoring Ayla!!
I sat too close to the front and am looking up to see Yisha
(our Guide) when she was giving instructions for the rest of the day.



Back in the room.  Everyone was hungry, so we had noodles.   Or Grammy, B'Elanna and Ayla had noodles.   I fed Ayla and ran out of time before the meeting... missed lunch this day.  HAHAHAHA!!





And we got a quick nap in before the meeting.   B'Elanna CRASHED quickly.   The excitement and emotions, finally took over and she was asleep within 3 minutes of saying "I'm not tired!"   I laid down with Ayla, but she fought the sleep.   She played with her purple ball and kept herself awake the entire time!!



When Ayla and I got back from signing paperwork for the next few days, B'Elanna was wide awake and ready to GO!!  I put Ayla down so we could see how she walks... and decided to have a little photo-op to show the sizes.    B'Elanna is 6 years old, 38 lbs and about 42 inches tall.   Ayla is 3yr10mo, 17 lbs and about 29 inches tall (according to her last update).    I put both girls on the scale in our room just after this picture was taken to confirm their weights.    In my Sept 2016 update of Ayla, it said she was 19 lbs.   Glad I already installed her carseat rear-facing!!!



Went out to eat for dinner...
she had noodles, carrots and puffs.


Her update said she drinks from a bottle...
she preferred the straw cup with us.
But she won't hold it yet.

OK... so that was a quick taste of yesterday.   I will try to upload the videos and more pictures later today when Ayla is sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You have your girl! Big sister looks thrilled! Little sister will be smiling soon too, I am sure. It must be a huge shock for her little heart to endure. Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your transition is going well! Is so gorgeous and I love your updates!

    ReplyDelete