Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Welcome Back!!

It has been Forever since I signed in to my blog and updated it.   So what has happened since the last post.....

We were transferred to Oak Harbor, WA

B'Elanna had her Colostomy Takedown procedure and she is doing GREAT!!

I was going most of 2015 on a deployment onboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

B'Elanna went to live with my Mom in Yakima, WA.

B'Elanna started Kindergarten while I was gone.  She grew and matured a TON!!

She sent me picture letters often... the overall theme was "stuff she and her sister would do in the future".   At that point there were no plans to start a new adoption.

While on deployment and in large part due to B'Elanna being ready for a sibling, I started looking into a 2nd adoption.

In August 2015, I sent paperwork to my agency CCAI to start the ball rolling and get our Medical Conditions Checklist entered into the system to adopt a second daughter.   The current timeline is about 18-24 months.

I returned home from deployment days before Thanksgiving 2015.

The day after Thanksgiving weekend, CCAI contacted me with a possible match for a little girl, age 3, with Hydrocephalus.

And the rest, as they say is History!!

No comments:

Post a Comment