Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beijing Day 2 - Great Wall of China!!

Beijing, China
Saturday, August 25, 2012
 



After the Jade Factory, everyone piled back onto the bus and we headed to the Great Wall of China!!!!  It has been amazing to be able to bring my mom to China, so she will be able to meet her granddaughter the moment she officially joins our family, but I have had the added benefit of being able to experinece this Wonderful Place with her also!!!  AND to make and Meet some amazing friends along the way.


Me, Raggety Ann, Mom and Bunny


Katie and Ben Komoda... first Facebook friends...
and now REAL friends.
Elizabeth and Kurt Vance... New Friends
When you are at The Great Wall of China, you just FEEL the history and breathe of humanity and how insignificant we can be in it or how important.  It was incredible to climb on stairs and stand on towers that Chinese Soldiers did Thousands of years ago... as you trudge up the uneven stairs just to look out over where you have come from you think .... "Wow!!  That is so Amazing and Cool and thank god I didn't twist my ankle or fall while climbing... but, shit, now I have to go down without killing myself too!!!"



My Mom made it to the first tower.  



My friend Katie Komoda and I kept climbing all the way to the fourth tower.   It was amazing!!!!

Katie Komoda's Husband, Ben, RUNNING the Great Wall
This is how we pulled ourselves up!!



Katie climbing a STEEP section
The view from the 4th tower.
Started at the little red building in distance.

By the time we were finished, my calves were jumping and jiving all by themselves AND my hands were Filthy and Disgusting from pulling myself UP the Great Wall and then Griping the bar so I wouldn't fall on the way DOWN the Great Wall!  

We were SO proud of ourselves And Exhausted..... Esp. my Mom!


Mom exhausted and sleeping on the bus after
The Great Wall of China.   She was such a trooper today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment