Saturday, August 25, 2012

Beijing, Day 2

Beijing, China
Saturday, August 25, 2012

Had an ABSOLUTELY Wonderful and EXHAUSTING day today!!!   We visited the Jade Factory and found (bought) some amazing things for B'Elanna.  Then we went to the Great Wall, I don't know which section.... just that it is the Steepest and not Badling or the one with the Gondolas.  :)  :)  :)  My Mom did GREAT, she made it about 1/2 way past the first tower and then said "Enough, taking a rest."   We had discussed this before coming to China, and I had warned her that this was the ONE scenario in China where I would leave her behind if she stalled out.   She was OK with that idea, because she knew I would come back.    Well my friend Katie Komoda and I kept chugging away.   Katie's husband took off RUNNING up the great wall.... and made it Past the 5th tower.... AMAZING.    While, Katie and I supported/encouraged each other and we made it to the 4th TOWER!!!    The hike going up seemed hard, but the reality was the hike coming back was MUCH harder!!!   By the time we got done, my calves had a life of their own and were jumping and jiving!!    After the Great Wall, we went onto the Acrobat Show.  It was nice enough... but either I was just too tired to care or.....   Anyway, it only lasted an hour (Thank Goodness!!) and it reminded me of something I could see in Las Vegas.   Nice, but I was just too tired to enjoy it!!
 
 
We fly to Zhengzhou tomorrow morning and get B'Elanna on Monday!!    I will update my blog with pictures tomorrow once we are in Zhengzhou.... just too tired right now and I still have packing to do.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment