Sunday, August 26, 2012

Zhengzhou Day 4 - Grammy's Perspective

Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Monday Morning, August 27, 2012

Here is Grammy's perspective ..... I'M EXHAUSTED but loving every minute of this trip.  My entire body aches from all the walking and swollen from the humidity that I am not accustom to but I would not miss a second of this trip.  I woke up at 2:30 AM today and went into the bathroom to work on a word puzzle so I would not wake Carmel and then I came back to bed and dozed off and on.  I can not express enough how loving, excited, scared, funny and on and on and on all the families are that we are sharing this life altering experience with.  Naturally, I am extatic with my own daughter and how she has provided supplies and coaching to the other families and women.  Yes, I said coaching, my dear daughter attempted to explain how to use the squatty potties but when some of the women still did not understand she DEMONSTRATED pulling her own jeans down (leaving her underware on - thank goodness) so she now has the nickname "TC", ie: toilet coach.  Yes, we are having a load of laughs but every once in a while the seriousness of this trip sneaks in and the stories are wonderful.  I hope this group can continue to have contact via e-mail - blog - what ever electronic means possible for their own support and for the children to later meet the children that shared their earliest life.  I don't know what will be happening in a few hours from now but I am wide awake and wanting the show to get on the road.  I am praying I don't cry but I think I will fail and I hope I don't make B'Elanna too upset.  I have so much love in my heart for her and my daughter right now I feel like my heart and mind will burst.  I have become VERY fond and proud of the other families also and I hope I can support them through today as much as they have supported me through the touring and my slow pace.  I feel so cared for by them - walking slowly with me on the Great Wall, helping with luggage, listening to my lame stories and not calling my on my foot and mouth disease. :)  I will sign off now but will try to write more once we have 'our' little one with us. 
Love you all,
Grammy

1 comment:

  1. You can both cry. I am sure the rest of the family will do also. It is just a sign of happiness.

    ReplyDelete