Thursday, August 30, 2012

Zhengzhou Day 7 - Playroom Visit

Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Thursday Morning, August 30, 2012

Today we are going for the Zhengzhou Orphanage Visit.   I can't wait to see where B'Elanna spent the first couple years of her life.   The backpack is packed with things to entertain her, extra clothes, the emails from people on the Yahoo! forums asking me to see if I can get pictures/info on their kids, questions for the Nannies and the camera's, of course.

We had a good breakfast this morning, except B'Elanna has decided that Throwing food on the floor is a fun game... no matter how many times I say NO, she just laughs and keeps doing it.  So... I keep taking the food that she throws away and I am feeding her again.... NO Matter how much she is fighting it and wants to do it herself.   After breakfast, we had a couple of hours to kill until we met with our group to leave, so we went back up to the playroom.   Let me tell you my girl LOVES her  rocking horse!!  She saw that toy again and immediately wanted down and on it.



Ticklish Girl!!
Checking out the Necklace she saw in Grammy's stuff.
It's Magnetic!!
Run Grammy down with the Horsy!
 
Playing with the Balls
 
Belly Shot!!
 




2 comments:

  1. She looks like she's starting to open up a bit more! I'm really enjoying following your trip! I can't wait for the next post to see how the SWI trip went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just remember everytime you pick up the food she throws...it's another round of "fetch" and it's fun! Leave it til the end and have her help you put it back in a bowl - heck let her try to throw it in...who doesn't like a friendly game of fetch and or ring toss at dinner...okay wait, don't throw rice you'll be there til she 18. Don't worry EVERY kid throws food at least once! I think it's great you get to visit the orphanage, you'll get to see how things were set up and what she was accustomed to. (i.e. maybe her bed was against the wall there, and that's what she was used to. Maybe they ate family style around a table with no highchairs - or they were all in highchairs, given food and whatever they got to their mouth was what they ate.) I hope and pray the visit is pleasant for her and doesn't set her back in her process of bonding with you. I giggle at your blog entries and her behaviors...Meg and Erin did all of those things too - I think it's a natural part of testing the boundaries...the good Lord knows I wish they didn't test them as much as they did, and still do. I look foward to the updates and LOVE LOVE LOVE the smiles. -c

    ReplyDelete