Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gotcha Day Pics 3 & Grammy's Gotcha Day Perspective!!

 

August 27, 2012  

GOTCHA DAY
Dear B’Elanna,
I know this phase of our journey has just begun but my heart started growing with love for you before we met.  Your mother shared the photos she received in the Match Day information and I started dreaming about you immediately but I must say today you are more than I could have ever dreamed possible.  When I saw you outside the van I felt like my heart was going to burst with love and then you SAW me and you did NOT want anything to do with ME!!!  You looked so sad with all the commotion in the room…there were a total of nine children meeting their forever families so there were many children crying, new parent’s crying but you barely had a couple of tears that ran down your cheeks.  I wanted to wipe them away but you would not let me touch you.  You were watching everything and everyone but again if I ended up in your line of sight you gave me “STINK EYE” until I was gone.  When your Mommy had to sign some paperwork before we left she handed you to me and that was all it took for you to scream at the top of your lungs so your Mommy quickly jumped up and grabbed you back and you calmed down and again I got the “STINK EYE”.
On the way back to the hotel you clung to your Mommy again and I sat in the seat behind you so everything was fine.  In the hotel room you continued to cling to your Mommy and wanted nothing to do with me.  I just laid down on my bed and stayed out of your way but when your Mommy went into the bathroom you wanted to follow and that meant you had to pass me on the bed and I could see your brain going a mile a minute….so cute….but heartbreaking that you were so afraid of me.  I wondered what I was reminding you of but you could not tell me so I tried to stay away.  After walking toward the bathroom but not passing my bed a number of times you finally RAN past the bed and found your Mommy and all was better.  I kept telling you, “You may not like me know but someday you will love me and in the meantime I’m going to pinch your butt.”  We shall wait and see ………..
Love you more than you could believe,
Grammy  

No comments:

Post a Comment