Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Zhengzhou Day 4 - Gotcha Day 08/27/2012


Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Monday, August 27, 2012

GOTCHA/FOREVER FAMILY DAY!!!

There was a storm in Zhengzhou last night, so it delayed when we got our kiddo's... even though they are in the same city.   There was some local street flooding, so the orphanage waited for it to be safe before bringing the kids to the Registration Office.   Our group was the last to arrive, so I was able to meet her on the steps of the building.  She made eye contact and I think she recognized me from the photo album.   I got it back and it was Very Dirty and Worn... so I know she had been looking at it.   I also got the audio book I had reorded and sent to her AND all FOUR of the camera's.   I can't wait to get them developed and see what is on those pictures.
 
She took to me pretty much right away.   There were a few tears (her's and mine), but mostly, she just didn't want to be put down and kept looking around and taking it all in.   At one point, I had to hand her to Grammy so I could give the Orphanage person the gifts and donations.... she stared screaming and didn't stop until she was back in my arms.   Every time Grammy looks at her or touches her she starts to cry or make a little cry sound.   When I had to go to the bathroom to wash my face, I left her in the main room area with Grammy.    She said B'Elanna kept looking at her, then taking a couple of steps to the bathroom, then back to the bed, then a couple of steps, then the bed.... then she made a VERY wide berth around Grammy to get to the bathroom where I was.   hehehehe.   Grammy keeps telling her "You will like me one day"
 
When we got back to the room from the Registration Office, I gave B'Elanna her first bottle of formula.   She took it OK... but not the best, so we got out the sippy cup.... she grabbed right onto that.... but it leaked like a sieve all over her clothes.   So we dumped it into a coffee cup and she drank it right down.    Then we had to change her clothes.   As you can imagine, she didn't like that.... but she was cleaned up.    Then I had to meet with the other families to do some paperwork, since she is so scared of Mom still, I took her with me.   She did GREAT.    She is really smart and inquisitive.  Got back to the room and finally got her to sleep for about 10 minutes and got the call that the guide was ready to take us to Walmart for supplies.... so we went.   It was a HOT, STICKY, SWEATY Mess!!   But we got it finished, back to the room, gave her a bath, ordered room service, her new stroller arrived and then all crashed by 8:30pm.
 
Need to get ready for today before she wakes up.   Write more later!!
 
Cheers,
Carmel

No comments:

Post a Comment