Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CA and FLIGHTS!! and Chief's Results

So this morning the I got a text message from my friend Melissa asking "Did you make it?"   I didn't even need to ask... this meant the FY-13 Chief's results were in.    I checked... I had a Big Ole NON-SELECT.   Well, things happen for a reason.    A couple of hours later, I was checking my email AND....

MY CONSULATE APPOINTMENT IS SET FOR
9/6/2012!!!

I am flying to Beijing on 8/22... and will have B'Elanna in my ARMS ON 8/27!!!

To:  Carmel Finch
Group: 1896

CCAI TRAVEL UPDATE 7/31/2012

Great news!  We received Consulate appointment confirmations for Group 1896!  Your group’s Consulate appointment is confirmed for 9/6/2012.

Based on this Consulate appointment date and the adoption schedule in the local province, CCAI asks that you arrive in Beijing on, or before, 8/23/2012. CCAI will provide an airport pick-up for anyone arriving on 8/23, your group’s arrival date.  *If you would like to opt out of the Beijing tours, please arrive in Beijing no later August 25, 2012. You will fly to Zhengzhou on Sunday, August 26th and receive your child on Monday, August 27th.  CCAI will arrange the group’s in-China flights and hotels - details will follow in your Final Travel Packet.

Your group will take the oath on the afternoon of 9/6/2012.
Your group will receive your child’s visa on the afternoon of 9/7/2012.

You can depart Hong Kong after 1:00pm* on 9/8/2012 OR
You can depart Guangzhou anytime on 9/8/2012.
CCAI will book your flight from Guangzhou to Hong Kong, Beijing or Shanghai for your family if needed.
*You can transfer (flight, van or train) from Guangzhou to Hong Kong in the late evening on 9/7/2012 in order to take an earlier in the day flight on 9/8/2012 from Hong Kong.  In this case you would need to make your own arrangements in Hong Kong for the night of 9/7/2012.  Please contact the Travel Department with any questions. 

So with this information in hand... I called my Mom and CHEERED!!!  Then I started emailing two travel agents.  I finally settled on the quote from Todd G. I also decided that Mom and I will leave Guangzhou on Friday 9/7/2012 and spend an extra day in Hong Kong.  I want to go see (and I want my Mom to see) the Giant Sitting Buddha.

This is the AWESOME PRICE and Itinerary Todd got for us!!!!


E-mail Comments
$999.00 adults x2
$780.00 child x1
=======================================================================

Flight  - Delta Air Lines (DL) - 129    Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Depart: 8:25 PM Wednesday, August 22, 2012      Seattle Tacoma Intl Arpt (SEA)

Arrive: 11:20 PM Thursday, August 23, 2012      Beijing Capital Arpt (PEK),
Equipment:      Boeing 767      Flying Time:    11:55
Meal Service:   Dinner
==============================
=========================================

Flight  - Delta Air Lines (DL) - 156    Sunday, September 09, 2012
Depart: 8:20 AM Hong Kong Intl (HKG) .... PLANE CHANGE AT NARITA, TOKYO
Arrive: 9:15 AM Seattle Tacoma Intl Arpt (SEA)

Depart: Hong Kong Intl (HKG)
Arrive: Narita (NRT) 
Equipment:      BOEING777-200LR Flying Time:    4:35
Meal Service:   Breakfast
------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depart: Narita (NRT)  
Arrive: Seattle Tacoma Intl Arpt (SEA) 
Equipment:      Airbus A330-300 Flying Time:    9:05
Meal Service:   Dinner

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that's so exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm packed and ready to go - go - go!!!! I am so excited for you and BeLanna Carol YinYue and OUR FAMILY.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete