Sunday, July 1, 2012

Devin's Retirement!

June 15th, 2012

Today my friend HM1 McConnell retired after 20 years of dedicated service to the US Navy.  He had a nice ceremony and a few nice friends come out and tell stories about (on) him.... gave all of us a good laugh to know more about his WILD days. 

(I hope to get some pictures to add here later)

Devin was very nice and allowed me to invite my Mom to his retirement.  She has never seen a Navy Retirement before and really enjoyed it.   She also got to hold/take care of my bosses (LT Valentin's) little 11-week-old little girl, Emery.   Emery was a happy, smiling little girl until the ceremony started and my mom started holding her... then she started crying!!   (Now my mom knows what to expect in China, hahahahaha!)

After the ceremony, we went out to dinner with Devin, his wife Joan, his 3 kids Madison, Willow and Xander, his brother-in-law, nephew and 2 friends from his earlier days in the Navy.   We had a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment