Saturday, September 1, 2012

Zhengzhou Day 8 - The Angel Child

Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Friday, August 31, 2012

Ok, so I filled you all in on one side of B'Elanna's personality.   Now let me show you the Angel side....

We got back to the hotel, we cut her fingernails and then we settled her in to finish her nap!  After she woke up, little Monkey Child started showing herself.   She was climbing all over the outside of her crib (and almost falling into it!) and up in the window of the room.   It has a marble ledge about 12 inches off the floor with a huge gold round railing.    She kept climbing up and over it, sitting on it, leaning over it.... I don't think the girl is afraid of heights!!

 
 
 
  
At breakfast we had run into the Weimer Family and mentioned what some of our plans were... which included going to the pool again.  They also mentioned they were thinking about it, so after her nap and a bit of playing, we got Monkey Girl ready to got to the pool.   The plan this time was for my Mom and I to at least get in the big pool and cool down and we would let B'Elanna just sit in one of the pool chairs and watch us.    So we called the Weimer's and invited them to join us and then headed to the pool.   
 
We got there, got her all situated in a chair and then I hopped in the pool and swam a couple of laps... it was cool and felt SOOOO Good!!!  My Mom sat with B'Elanna and she said she watched me the ENTIRE TIME!! 
 
Then we went over to the hottub/children's pool so she could sit on the side and play with her stacking cups easier.   Well, lo and behold, I sat her on the side of the pool and she slid her little butt right into the water... not fear.... and proceeded to walk around and have a grand ole time.   While she was in there, the bubbles came on and what did she do... walked right over to me and wanted to go explore them... so we did.... NO FEAR!!!!    I tell you My Little Angel just needs to analyze and process EVERYTHING!!!   She is so SMART and it is easy to see that a good portion of her frustration is the language barrier.  TheWeimer's arrived a little bit after all my pictures were taken and we all had a good time in the pool.... and then B'Elanna started to act up and it was time to go!
 
 
 
 
 
When we got back to the room, B'Elanna and I had some noodles and then my Mom and I started packing up all our stuff.   We were about half way through and I was in the bathroom starting to pack up things, when B'Elanna came in and started pointing to the tub.   I said "No, we are packing" and she started whining and fussing and scratching herself and then.... she started stripping down.   Well, so much for skipping her bath that night!!!    She gets a bath EVERY NIGHT or she lets you know it!!!!  Well, while I was washing her hair... it just looked funny.    It reminds me of Jack Nicholson's hair in The Witches of Eastwick!  Hahahahahahaha!!
 
 

 



1 comment: